2012/03/08

Knit for Easter | Bunny Kayla

Easter is coming soon!
Are you already preparing some crafts for this Easter?


I made mine! :)
I am here to introduce to you.................. Bunny Kayla!!!!!!
She is in beautiful purple and white.




I never made this in any kind of materials... never made Felt teddy, fabric, or crochet/ knit... But this time I think I should try to make one. So I was searching on Ravelry.com to see if there is any free pattern for this kind :P


Here is the pattern I found on Ravelry.com and it is really easy to follow although the original idea is to make a lamb. So I made my version with a pair of bunny ears & a snowball tail! 


How to say, each part is quick and easy to make, but when u need to sew them from flat... I found it is Not good just sew them. It should use the Mattress stitch for sewing each small part up. Then you will have nice & seamless look! ^.<


Secondly, I would suggest the legs & arms should cast on with waste yarn. So when you doing the closing at the end, u just take off the waste yarn and put the thread end through these stitches and pull tight together.  It would make it more neat. (I think...)


For the ears, I knitted the back then change the front color and continue to knit the pattern in backward. Then both wrong sides facing each other, and sew up the sides. 


So, after finished the bunny Kayla. I think I must knit her a nice dress to celebrate the Easter. The color should be Yellow & White! Cos I feel the purple, yellow & white is the good combination! :D


For the dress, it is my own design.(basically was a trial & error) :P Bottom of the dress is yellow with white stripe and a lace, then top is white with a yellow hearts. I was struggle how to knit up to the neck line & sleeves.. but at the end just give up and BO. Next day, I was thinking "oh how's about lace collar!" so here we go!!!!!!  lovely lace collar, Kayla now is an up-to-date fashion gal! ahahahahaha


For the headband, just a basic garter sts with a crochet flower.



Tomorrow I will show you what else I have made for Easter! :)


love, k

No comments:

Post a Comment