2012/01/04

2012 Project - No. 1 Sock

My 365days Knit/Crochet-it-up Project, 2012:

No. 1
I always want to knit a pair of socks with lace...so the first one I chose to knit a sock. As the first time so I knitted a small size to test. Good to test with a small one because problems always happen..... :(

Problem 1:
After the Heel Turn,… I didn’t understand the instruction about the number of stitches for instep & some extra stitches?!?!?! looked not right... and I just skipped the problem and let the "extra" stitches as the instep...

When finished up the Foot part,..and going to decrease on Toe part... finally I saw the problem... the front & the back needles would hold different no. of stitches.. however the final step to do the Kitchener stitch that the same amount of stitches....

Problem 2:
I don't know how to do the Kitchener stitch, so I looked for it on Youtube again.. I gathered 2 videos then finished it! ....
" Front needle: K slip, P stay; Back needle: P slip, K stay...." 

The sample from the book VS my FO ... you see my problem...
This is my test run to know how to knit socks… so just made one..I should look for other patterns to read and find out the problem I had...
love, k

No comments:

Post a Comment