2011/10/25

Apple Crumble & My Quick Non-Baked Recipe

I love Apple + Cinnamon + Caramel ....... nom nom nom....


I had an apple strudel at Oktoberfest but personally I am a Apple Crumble gal... and especially a big fans of my Aussie Homestay mother's version!!!  :P


I miss her a lot and I may have a chance to meet her in the early Dec this year! yeah.... (cos i am going to fly to Sydney. YEAH!) ... (TBC) :P


Last nite I decided to make myself an apple crumble but my bf's flat has NO Oven..... 
so I thought out to use the cheesecake base ingredient to make my crumble....




My Non-Baked Apple Crumble 
Ingredients:
4 small green apples
4 McVities' Digestives Biscuit, break into crumb
50g Unsalted Butter
Around 4 Tbs Brown sugar (2.5Tbs for cooking Green Apples & 1.5Tbs for the crumble mixture)
some Ground Cinnamon


How-to-cook:
Part I
1. Cut the apple into dice
2. Put them into a small pot with some unsalted butter, and just little water.
3. When they boil, add in the brown sugar and stir.
4. Cook until the apple is tender, then add in some ground cinnamon.
(if you want more sweet and/or cinnamon, then add more as you like)


Part II
1. Mix the crumb with brown sugar & cinnamon together.
2. Heat up the unsalted butter into a small sauce pan.
3. Once butter is melt, turn off the heat.
4. Put half of the crumble mixture into it and stir.
5. After they all mix together, then add in the rest of the crumble mixture


How-to-serve:
1. Put the sweet apple into a small glass first
2. Then put the crumble on top
3. Highly recommend to add a scoop of Vanilla ice-cream.


Then ENJOY! :P


love, k



1 comment: